Jumping ahead from the last post, there’s the matter of my 2022 holiday cards. As seems to usually be the case, the idea developed very early in the year and sat with me until the end of November when I produced them.
I don’t reeeallyyy have a system for printing on a large scale, and at 50 this became my biggest print run to date. I usually build some kind of apparatus out of cardboard that fits the block and then setup on the floor of my studio. Once they’re printed I hang the prints to dry anywhere I can find the space.
The printing was done in two separate runs. First, the flower petals:
A week later I added the second and final layer which was the leaves and the text:
I’m very happy with the results and hopefully so was everyone who received one. I learned a lot about controlling and combining colours while inking the linoblock. It will come in handy on my next print run.